Last week, we discussed how we need to detox from our smartphones and some guidelines on how to do that. While many think this may be simple, there are several that have a more difficult time with this, myself included. I thought detoxing from my smartphone would be simple, but goodness I was wrong!
My biggest struggle has been with keeping my phone by me at night. Being used to the comfort of having my phone with me at all times, makes it difficult to want to leave it in a different room. I am making it a point to move my phone this week, because I am trying out a new morning routine. I need the space to make sure I actually get up on time.
In having more discipline with this detox, we need some time fillers! I got to thinking about different activities we could do that do not include our smartphones. Below is a list of activities we can all do without our smartphones. Surely with these, and maybe some other ideas you have, we can successfully work through this detox!
Smartphone Detox Activities
Some of these activities may be things you already do, but make it a point to do it without your smartphone.
- Go for a walk
- Work in a garden [flowers or veggies]
- Read a book [already have 2 picked out for this detox]
- Go fishing or hunting [whichever is in season for you]
- Have lunch with a friend [remember to leave the phone in the vehicle!]
- Draw / Be creative / Create something
- Pamper yourself
- Journal / Meditate
- Go to the park / Picnic
- Declutter or tidy a space [You did not think I could leave this out, did you?]
- Yard work [mowing the yard, raking leaves, plant a tree, etc.]
- Crochet or knit something
- Cook a fancy meal
- Watch a movie with your significant other
So which of these will you try to do without your smartphone? Are there any activities you like to do that are not on this list? Let me know below in the comments!